Tuesday 3 February 2009

The Entrepreneur in me - Ha Ha

"All people are entrepreneurs, but many don't have the opportunity to find that out." Muhammad Yunus

I never came across the quote by the nobel Laureate Muhammed Yunus when I was forced into entrepreneurship a few years back. It looked like destiny and I was preparing to spend the rest of my life in a lacklusture field surrounded by motored giants and peevishly compaining people. I prepared myself for what seemed then do be a very deep rabbit hole. Till then I thought of the entrepreneur as a fool, taking up the responsibility to ensure better life to people whom you never knew before. I was alone and I assumed that I had no support.

Events which unfolded in the latter years corrected my thoughts. Muhammed Yunus is right. People who work with you are also entrepreneurs. They concieve great ideas if they are allowed to. My organisation ran, through tough and turbulent times, not through the whims and fancies of my half dead brain, but due to the inventive spirit of all the 103 brains associated with the venture. You call the phenomenon Kaizen, TPM or any name the management gurus pull out of thin air. But it works. I spent the most enjoyable time in my life creating and solving problems. Tomorrow we might end up starting ventures, small and big, Thanks to London Business School and the courses like Internet marketing. But remember the opening quote. Literally every stakeholder will contribute to your venture and they need not be the people who put the dollar in.